1 November 2014
Due to the Halloween party the previous night, I only slept
at 7am in the morning. Even though I caught seven hours of sleep, waking up
only at 2pm, my body was exhausted.
Too lazy to leave the house, I decided to cook (which is an
irony to my laziness). But still, I managed to mix up some ingredients and got
a pretty decent kebab. Yumyums!
The main point is, however, I got a football match to watch
at 8pm.
FC BARCELONA VS CELTA DE VIGO
It is on my exchange bucket list to watch at least one
football match since I’m in Europe! And the fact that Camp Nou is just at the
corner of my apartment means that all the more I should watch a FC Barcelona
match!
We have to collect our football tickets, so my football
buddies and I walked down to Camp Nou at 6.30pm. Groups of people wearing FC
Barcelona tshirt were soon walking alongside us, towards Camp Nou!
I wanted to get a FC Barcelona scarf, and so we went inside
the Official Merchandise Store. There are many avid supporters shopping inside.
I got the chance to look at the different football jerseys too!
The best part about watching the match is that I get to enter
Camp Nou as well. And I must say, it is a very impressive football stadium! In fact, you can see the skylines of the city, Les Corts
(or some other areas) behind the bright stadium!
Another plus point to watching this football match is that I
get to see three amazing soccer players; Suarez (9), Messi (10) and Neymar
(11). I’m not a soccer fan, but it feels really good to know that you’ve just
watched a match with three big players in it!
Among the three though, Suarez footwork does stand out in
this particular match.
During the half-time, we changed seats to the opposite side
of the stadium so that we can continue to watch FC Barcelona kicking the ball
towards our area.
FC Barcelona lost in the end though, with a result of 0-1.
It was quite disappointing but still, a really amazing experience.
Throughout the whole match, I felt the tension between the
two teams and the live atmosphere of the supporters. As one with the other
supporters, I feel the pain when FC Barcelona almost score a few times. The
“OHHHH” accompanied with the head-grabbing scene re-enacting several times when
the ball flew above the goal post.
For 90 minutes, I didn’t complain that it was boring like I always do when I watch football matches on TV. It gave me a whole new perspective of football and who knows? Maybe I catch on some when I return to Singapore. For now, let me just be a naïve and happy FC Barcelona supporter.
For 90 minutes, I didn’t complain that it was boring like I always do when I watch football matches on TV. It gave me a whole new perspective of football and who knows? Maybe I catch on some when I return to Singapore. For now, let me just be a naïve and happy FC Barcelona supporter.

































No comments:
Post a Comment