Monday, December 1, 2014

Behind the Scenes.

It's 2AM here in Edinburgh (3AM back in Barcelona).

And yessssss... I'm still awake cause of my Brand Management project.

The thing about exchange is that people tend to paint a colourful picture of it. This includes me, I'm totally guilty of this... When you open up your social media, specifically Instagram, you see that everyone on exchange is traveling, hopping from region to region, exploring new places.

But people don't see the "behind the scenes". In fact, I honestly feel that it is tiring to fly around constantly.

There is also the research that has to be done before the trip. You have to spend hours searching online for the cheapest transport mode, accommodations and to plan the itinerary for each country. During the trip, you will wake up early because you don't want to waste any precious time and in the end, you will sleep very little while traveling.

Of course! There's always the part about school work (or projects). Because I am here on an exchange program to study after all.

So this is why I'm still awake, working on my project even though I'm traveling right now.

I must say this though, I am NOT complaining.

Although there are times when I feel physically exhausted due to the flights, I am truthfully glad and thankful for the opportunity to travel around Europe. I do, I really do.

I know that I am extremely lucky to be able to be part of an exchange program; to be able to travel to many different countries in Europe; to be able to experience this wonderful journey in life.

I thank that someone up there every single day, for giving me the best parents in the entire world who support my desire to travel despite the high expenses.

All I want to say is, exchange is an amazing one-in-a-lifetime experience.

But it is not as perfect as you picture it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment